Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Leg Training: 31 Sets, 75 Minutes!

So it looks the experiment that I blogged about the other day was a success today!  In a matter of about 75 minutes, I knocked out a total of seven exercises for legs for a combined total of 31 sets.  For quads, I only did three exercises, which was more than enough based on the intensity and pace that I was moving at.  However, next leg workout I will perform at least two other different exercises for maybe a total of four.  The gym that I train at doesn't offer an array of hamstring-specific machines, so the four exercises that I performed below are about as good as it will get.  If anything, I will change up the order of the exercises and find different ways to target the muscle group.  One thing is certain, no two leg workouts will be exactly alike from week to week.  Check out what I did for legs today.

WARM-UP
15 min. StepMill [3 to 5 level]

[ QUADS ]
Lying Leg Curls
80 x 20
80 x 15 x 4

Smith Machine Squats
135 x 15 x 3
205 x 15 x 2
225 x 15 x 2

Leg Press
10 plates x 12 x 7

[ HAMSTRINGS ]
Standing Single-Leg Curls 
50 x 15 x 3

Seated Hamstring Curls
90 x 15 x 3

Dumbbell Stiff-Leg Deadlifts
60 x 15 x 3


[ Be sure to get your Isagenix muscle-building and fat-burning systems now! ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what's on your mind!