Monday, August 26, 2013

That Tricky Elbow!


Just like any other weight-training athlete, from time to time I deal with nagging joint pains-I realize it's just part of the game.  In my case, my left elbow has been giving me problems of late.   The same issue with the same elbow just like a couple of years ago.  The majority of the pain is felt during direct triceps work using free-weights, that's when it shows its a**!

Like I did a couple of years ago, I decided to fall back on the free-weights for triceps.  I've been doing more cable work and isolation movements with dumbbells but don't do anything that involves my elbow going above my head and pointing to the ceiling.  I've have only made this change recently-about two weeks ago and so far I must say that my elbow is feeling a bit better and I am still able to effectively work my triceps with minimal discomfort.  I also began supplementing with Isagenix' Joint and Pain system which is packed with Glucosamine and Chondroitin for rebuilding and comforting joint tissue.  So yeah, I'm giving myself about six weeks or so and then slowly ease back into free-weights for triceps training.  Stay tuned!

[ Be sure to get your Isagenix muscle-building and fat-burning solutions now! ]

1 comment:

  1. I hate joint/tendon strains. I have one in my left bicep right now. My go to treatment for them is always http://interxclinic.com/how-does-it-work/ as it is the only thing gets right to the source of the problem. Not sure if anyone local to you offers this treatment.

    Oh and as an aside Im training quads and hamstrings seperately this week as a test.

    ReplyDelete

Say what's on your mind!