Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Final Week: Training

Today, I performed my last major training session for quads.  I will not train quads again before my show (June 22nd) with the same level of performance as usual; I can not afford to have my quads inflamed which will of course make holding poses a lot more difficult.  The last week of the show, the training is not about building muscle but about maintenance and ridding the muscles of as much glycogen as possible before the carb-loading process (which for me runs from Tuesday to Thursday).  So below, my entire training schedule for Monday through Thursday is outlined.  Each exercise is performed using three (3) sets of 10 reps unless otherwise noted.

MONDAY: Legs, Calves, and Abs
Leg Extensions 7 x 12
Seated Leg Press 7 x 12

Lying Leg Curls
Seated Leg Curls
Standing One-leg Curls

Seated Calf Raises

Decline Crunches 3 x 20
Broomstick Twists 3 minutes

TUESDAY: Chest, Arms, and Abs
Hammer Strength Incline Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Pec Deck Flyes

Cable Pressdowns / Cable Curls
Spider Curls / Skull Crushers
Hammer Curls / Close-Grip Bench Press

Rope Crunches 5 x 20

WEDNESDAY: Shoulders and Back
Machine Shoulder Press 7 x 12
Dumbbell Side Laterals
Rear Delt Machine
Cable Upright Rows

Wide-Grip Chins
Seated Cable Rows 7 x 12
Barbell Rows
Hyperextensions

THURSDAY: Light Circuit Training and Abs
Hanging Leg Raises
Bench-End Crunches
Broomstick Twists 3 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Marcus, its the home straight now :)

    ReplyDelete

Say what's on your mind!