Thursday, May 21, 2015

My Exercise List For Hamstring Development


Hamstrings are a muscle group that require a concentrated mind-muscle connection; you have to focus intently in order to feel the muscles working. When training hamstrings, some exercises come easier than others based on the movement. For instance, any hamstring curl exercise that requires a strong contraction at the top of the movement is considered "easy". However, exercises that require you to focus on the stretch such as the stiff leg deadlift or hyperextension, are considered "hard". Keep in mind, the harder the exercise, the better the results, so be prepared to become a perfectionist if you want appreciable development.

Below is my typical hamstring workout where I perform 3-4 of the exercises below.

Lying Leg Curls 5-7 x 12-20 (I also perform this exercise on the day I train quads to increase my ROM)

Single-Leg Leg Curls 3 x 20-25 p/ leg

Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3-4 x 15-20 (alternate between barbell and dumbbells)

Seated Hamstring Curls 3 x 20

Hyperextensions 3 x 25

Single-Leg Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3 x 15-20 p/ leg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what's on your mind!