Thursday, August 22, 2013

Caffeine Crack Down!


Over the past week or so, I've noticed that I've been waking up with headaches.  Now, it's nothing for me to go to bed around 1 a.m. and get back up around 7:30 a.m., so essentially I thought it was my lack of rest causing my headaches but I've had that sleep pattern for as long as I can remember.  But this morning, after waking up with another headache, I took mental inventory of the things I consumed with caffeine.

In the morning, I drink a cup of hot tea with a tablespoon of sugar.  At the top of the afternoon, my pre-workout drink has caffeine in it.  Mid-afternoon, when I have my post-workout meal, I take down an energy drink and I'll have coffee not too long after that just because I like the taste.  Folks, that's a lot of damn caffeine in less than eight hours!  I now see how people end up cocaine addicts!  However I drink at least a gallon of water each day and I am constantly peeing, which I think helps rid my body of some portion of the caffeine that I consume, but still, I take in a lot of caffeine.

I am gonna ween myself off of the caffeine.  I think I am gonna remove the afternoon cups of coffee and then slowly, I'll knock that energy drink off of the roster.  I don't think I will ever be able to go without my daily cup of tea but who knows.  I do know that these morning headaches are for the birds and I've gotta fix that, so something's gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what's on your mind!